Sunday, May 9, 2010

s.l.o.w.l.y.

I am slowly getting things done. One.step.at.a.time. Because of time and money...and life. However, I did get more of the pictures hung...wanna see?

You may have seen my previous post here. But, the sad little wall, went from this...

To this.....
















It looks sooooooo much better now! I used some repurposed frames spray painted with my buddy...ORB, I framed a monogrammed napkin with our last name initial, and used ORB again, to spray paint some dollar store birdies. All of the photos were just printed off of my computer.

And I was up to other mischief. I recovered an old velvet chair...that you don't want to see. I was in denial on this one. I thought "WOW....looks good for a first timer". So I happily took a pic to post.

UH...wrong.

I was really, really in denial. You know the "new mom" kinda denial. Where your newborn "just has to be the cutest child ever...no, really...modeling agencies should be knockin' down my door" That kind. And my chair was the cutest-stapled and glue gunned-slipcovered-with-a-drop-cloth-chair .....EVER. And then I saw the pic.

Enough said.

Maybe I will post a picture of the chair as a joke...one day.

Have a great week everyone!
Melissa



I am linking to...
The DIY Show Off
and here...



Making



3 comments:

  1. I REALLY like how you framed a monogrammed napkin! I had a long blank wall next to my entry table and hung up shelves just like you did. I love shelves. Easy to update and change around with the seasons. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so much better! Cute idea to frame the napkin!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lookin' good! The addition of the frames really adds more "weight" to the entire wall! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete